Design a better job for yourself. It’s hard to manifest something you’re not clear on. Get a clear picture of what a better job looks like before your job hunt. Do you want a shorter commute? Do you want to work at home? Do you want to be part of a team? Do you want to make more money? Put together a picture of the job you want keeping to positive thoughts. It’s easier to manifest a job when you say “I want to work in an office that’s close to a park where I can walk at lunch” rather than saying, “I don’t want to work at a place where I have to leave to go to lunch”.
1. Figure out your pitch. Find the reasons you will benefit the company by having what you want. As you’re out in the world job hunting you can suggest aspects that will make the job better for you but these aspects will only be considered if you think of the company’s position as well. For example: How will working at home help the company? Will it save them office space? Will it mean you’ll be available to take calls from Japan at midnight? Do statistics show it will cut down on in-office illness or absenteeism? Does it save the company relocation expenses?
2. Call in the energy. In Feng Shui the front door of your house is where all new energy comes in. The back and side doors bring in familiar or expected energy. So when manifesting a better job you are looking to enhance the front door and this is the perfect time of year to do so. One of the best ways to call in energy is by using bright colored or shiny objects and you can do this easily by decorating for the holidays. Decorate for Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then Chinese New Year. With each holiday you can decorate your door and front porch to attract energy.
3. Focus the energy. Now that the holiday decorations are bringing in the energy now you want to focus it towards your goals otherwise they’re just like anyone’s holiday display.
Halloween is a time of letting go so focus the energy on what you’re wanting to let go of. For example if you have a tombstone set up in the yard then place a piece of paper underneath it that states what should be dead and buried in your life like “my past beliefs that good jobs are scarce is now dead” or “gone are my feelings of unworthiness”.
Thanksgiving is a time of abundance and gratitude. If you have a cheerful holiday wreath on the door add wishes written on small pieces of paper to the back of the wreath things like, “I welcome an abundance of job offers” and “I’m grateful for the interviews I’m about to receive”.
Christmas is a time of joy and sharing. Consider decorating some of your bushes and trees in the front yard with ribbons. And on the ribbons you can write your desires, things like “I’m open to the joy of receiving more money for less work” and “I’m looking forward to sharing my skills with a new company”.
Chinese New Year falls on February 10th 2013 and represents a new beginning. You can decorate for Chinese New Year using red paper lanterns, melodious wind chimes and gold-tone bells. Most decorations for Chinese New Year are already designed to call in prosperity energy. Just hang them and welcome in the new money.
4. Take action. Now that we’ve stacked the deck in your favor it’s time for you to make the calls, submit the resumes, and ask for the interviews. Update your profile on LinkedIn. Check out the job hunting sites. Call a headhunter or two. Put your foot on the job hunting path and the rest will happen.
5. Determine the quality of your results. This may be the most important step of all. When the offers come in compare them to your better job design. Will this job bring you what you’re looking for? Are the working conditions to your liking? And if not, is there room for negotiation? Is this a situation that will improve in just a few months? How does this job compare with other opportunities you’ve received?
Manifesting takes some practice. If you’re been a person who has just accepted whatever was handed to you in the past and haven’t negotiated for better you may find that the you get offered the same old thing… at least at first. If this is the case try for baby steps. Are they willing to come up in salary by 25 cents an hour? Are they willing to let you work at home one day a week? If you can negotiate even some small aspects of your better job you will be able to manifest better and better things in the future.
Want to know more about what 2013 has in store for you?